Which movie performed better in the box office, Angel Locsin's Love Me Again or Marian Rivera's One True Love?
Love Me Again is still showing in theaters unlike One True Love thus we can only compare the two's 2-week earnings: [Note that Love Me Again had a 4-day opening week while One True Love had 5 days].
LOVE ME AGAIN [Land Down Under] - Angel Locsin & Piolo Pascual
1st Week [4 days, January 15-18, 2009]: P29,488,584
2nd Week [7 days, January 19-25, 2009]: P23,716,474
2-WEEK TOTAL: P53,205,058
ONE TRUE LOVE - Marian Rivera & Dingdong Dantes
1st Week [5 days, November 19-23, 2008]: P32,975,234
2nd Week [7 days, November 24-30, 2008]: P20,288,513
2-WEEK TOTAL: P53,263,747
It seems like Love Me Again is performing better than One True Love. But, is Love Me Again really a 'flop'?
Maybe yes or maybe not. Just consider the fact that it was shot in Australia and that means high production cost for the movie. A movie shot abroad should be earning higher than that.
And also, as compared to the last 10 movies made by Star Cinema (in a 2-week period), it's one of the lowest grossing films.
1. ANG TANGING INA N'YONG LAHAT P171,000,000 (in 14 days)
2. SAKAL, SAKALI, SAKLOLO P122,893,166 (in 14 days)
3. ONE MORE CHANCE 114,323,005 (in 12 days)
4. A VERY SPECIAL LOVE P118,146,174 (in 12 days)
5. CAREGIVER P111,316,897 (in 12 days)
6. FOR THE FIRST TIME P107,865,797 (in 12 days)
7. MY ONLY Ü 62,209,731 (in 12 days)
8. LOVE ME AGAIN P53,205,058 (in 11 days)
9. MY BIG LOVE P51,658,679 (in 12 days)
10. SUPAHPAPALICIOUS P36,222,757 (in 9 days)
Love Me Again is also in danger of not surpassing the over-all earnings of Piolo Pascual's last movie as well as that of Angel Locsin.
PAANO KITA IIBIGIN starring Piolo Pascual and Regine Velasquez
Total Earnings P78,128,341
THE PROMISE starring Angel Locsin and Richard Gutierrez
Total Earnings P82,605,000
BE HEARD! VOTE!